pause

jersey city, the 'burbs, refugees, reflection, life and such

My Photo
Name:
Location: NJ

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

morning commute and the evil range rover

So, this morning, I was trying hard to make it to the train station by 7:15 so that I could get a space to park in the parking lot in Fairlawn where they've oversold parking permits (I have one). I got there somewhat late at around 7:25. I drive to the end of the narrow lot for non-resident parking, hoping against hope that I will still be able to get a spot, when low and behold, there is one left! I speed up a little to make it to my triumphal destination. To my great chagrin, a range rover pulls into the parking lot just in front of me. The color is red, like the devil, and on top of the vehicle is this ridiculous looking rack that looks like it's meant to hold a small sailing vessel. I knew what was coming. The damn car took my spot, and I had to, once again, park a block away behind this Panera and hope that no one notices or cares to tow my car like the menacing sign warns. As if I haven't done enough illegal parking already this year. I now officially don't like range rovers. (Sorry Tanya)

I also officially believe that the state of New Jersey sincerely has a wish to pollute the environment by being the worst discourager of mass transportation ever. I mean seriously, there is absolutely no easy solution for commuter parking. Even where there are places with reliable parking that actually allow non-residents to park there, you can hardly consider them affordable. (Oh right...I'm doing Americorps...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home